Accomplished Chicago Auto Accident Attorneys Secure Your Rights and Recovery
Our lawyers serve clients, not cases
At The Law Offices of Newman, Boyer & Statham, Ltd., we know that most personal injury cases, both in the state of Illinois and across the country, stem from motor vehicle accidents. According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, there were 281,788 crashes involving motor vehicles on Illinois highways in 2011, killing 918 people and injuring an additional 84,172 people.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Illinois car accident and you suspect the negligence of another party played a role in that accident, you may have a valid personal injury claim. You owe it to yourself to reach out to experienced auto accident lawyers like those at The Law Offices of Newman, Boyer & Statham, Ltd. to review your case.
No two motor vehicle accident lawsuits are the same
As reputable, ethical auto accident lawyers in Chicago, we understand that each motor vehicle accident is unique. But sometimes, the type of vehicle involved in the accident or the type of negligence involved greatly affects the laws and protocols by which any resulting legal action will proceed:
- Car accidents. To successfully pursue fair compensation for your damages, you must prove your injuries were the direct result of a negligent act by someone else involved in the incident.
- Commercial truck accidents. When motor vehicle accidents involve larger trucks, tractor-trailers and semis, the injuries suffered are often far more devastating than those resulting from car collisions. There are also far more potentially negligent parties in a trucking accident case.
- Motorcycle accidents. Victims of motorcycle accidents are likely to require serious legal assistance, as their injuries may be far greater than those suffered by a car accident victim.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Cyclists and pedestrians do not enjoy the safety features of a passenger car or truck, making the likelihood of severe injury high if they are hit.
- Train accidents. Accidents at train crossings introduce serious questions of possible negligence against many parties, as well as potentially catastrophic injuries.
- Distracted drivers. Drivers who cause accidents while speaking on the phone, texting or engaging in other distracting activities may run afoul of several new laws introduced to curb such behavior.
- Drunk drivers. When someone gets behind the wheel of a vehicle while intoxicated and causes an accident that leads to injury or death, several laws and procedures come into play that are designed to ensure victims are properly compensated.
Advice outside the courtroom
Car accident victims need more advice from an automobile accident attorney than simply what laws apply to their case and when they might expect compensation. Our personal injury attorneys can also advise you about what to do after an accident occurs and answer any questions you may have about auto accident lawsuits.
Chicago auto accident attorneys ready to help you through difficult times
At The Law Offices of Newman, Boyer & Statham, Ltd., our attorneys bring more than 150 years of combined experience to the table for every client whose case we represent. Call our firm at 312.443.1998 or contact us online today for a free initial consultation. If you are unable to come to us, we can come to you.